- REZYFi Lending sees higher margin lending opportunities as well as significant market opportunity to provide the growing and underserved cannabis industry with financial services
- ResMac forecasts $285 million in retail loan origination in 2023 and foresees strong growth opportunities
- ResMac is on pace to originate $250 million in wholesale loan business in 2023, with its year-over-year credit facility increase expected to jump more than 300%
- The company’s management team has more than 40 years’ experience in the mortgage and lending industry
- REZYFi expects to operate nationwide by the end of 2022; it currently operates in 34 states
REZYFi is a cannabis mortgage bank servicing the needs of both traditional and non-traditional consumers and businesses. Its target markets include licensed and permitted cannabis companies, owners of real estate who lease to cannabis companies, and companies and individual homeowners seeking a variety of real estate-related first and additional mortgage-based financing and project-specific financings, such as solar installations and real estate development projects.
Headquartered in Miami, Florida, REZYFi operates through two wholly owned subsidiaries – REZYFi Lending, which primarily addresses emerging real estate-related financing opportunities, and ResMac Inc., the company’s traditional mortgage origination, correspondent and servicing operation. REZYFi is currently licensed in 34 U.S. states, with plans to expand to all remaining states later this year.
REZYFi is positioned as one of first cannabis mortgage bankers in the U.S., while most traditional lenders are still reticent to serve the state-licensed cannabis industry.
REZYFi Lending leverages a wide network to offer options such as 15- and 30-year fixed-rate loans, FHA loans, VA loans, reverse mortgages, jumbo loans and adjustable-rate mortgages.
Looking ahead, the company expects increased funding in marketing and loan agents to drive significant origination growth over the next two years, further supported by the planned launch of a high-margin cannabis division later this year.
ResMac has been in operation for 13 years, having closed more than 20,000 loans for more than 15,000 clients. The company expects to accumulate $285 million in retail origination in 2023, alongside $250 million in wholesale origination for the same period. ResMac is further targeting $600 million in origination through its mortgage correspondent operations for 2023.
Through its ResMac subsidiary, REZYFi operates as a direct lender and originator of residential mortgages, with active mortgage correspondent and mortgage servicing operations. Through its correspondent segment, ResMac primarily purchases and aggregates residential mortgages from trusted third-party originators.
The company intends to harvest the database of customers within its mortgage servicing operations as an essential source of additional growth, especially relative to the new alternative residential loan programs being offered.
- Experience – REZYFi is led by a seasoned management team with significant expertise spanning a wide range of real estate and financing subsectors. The team also has extensive experience in the cannabis and hemp marketplace, which the company intends to leverage as it navigates the changing landscape of the cannabis industry while sourcing the best opportunities in the sector.
- Network of Independent Brokers – Over the past five years, REZYFi has developed an extensive network of independent mortgage-related brokers and licensed loan officers. The company is currently training the network members on its new service offerings, with many already launching sales efforts. REZYFi believes this network will be a vital asset moving forward as other firms in the sector terminate relationships in the face of slowing mortgage business in a rising interest rate environment.
- Proprietary Technology – REZYFi has invested heavily in designing, building and implementing proprietary automated/machine learning technology to shorten loan processing timeframes and increase efficiencies, allowing it to operate its legacy business at staffing levels meaningfully below those of its competitors.
REZYFi’s diversified approach to the real estate lending sector positions it to capitalize on growth in multiple verticals in the years to come.
In the first quarter of 2022, lenders issued 2.71 million residential loans, with the average balance for a first mortgage climbing to a record high of $298,324 in 2021, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association. This trend is expected to continue, with Freddie Mac forecasting a 10.4 percent increase in home prices in 2022 and a 5.0 percent bump in 2023. Growth prospects in the cannabis industry paint a similar picture.
The National Association of Realtors(R) issued a report in April 2021 examining the correlation between cannabis legalization and real estate demand. In states where prescription and recreational cannabis use is legal, more than a third of surveyed agents reported an increase in demand for warehouses. Likewise, 23 percent of those surveyed reported an increase in demand for storefronts, and 28 percent observed increased demand for land. As other states look to join the 19 that have embraced full cannabis legalization, this rising demand could create an opportunity for REZYFi’s cannabis-focused initiatives.
In total, an analysis by market research firm Business Research Insights projects the global loan servicing market to reach a value of nearly $1.5 billion by 2028, up from $680.8 million in 2021. Those figures represent a CAGR of 11.0 percent during the forecast period of 2022-2028.
John Vu, Esq., is CEO of REZYFi, Inc. He has more than two decades of experience in the mortgage and commercial banking industry. He has filled many senior and executive management positions in high-producing mortgage banks, including C-level assignments. He has also served as general counsel for a nationally associated commercial bank. Mr. Vu brings considerable cannabis industry expertise to REZYFi. He has served as a corporate attorney to multiple cannabis cultivators, manufacturers and retailers.
Ji Ji Zhang, Esq., is CFO of REZYFi, Inc. He is a multifaceted entrepreneur who owns a law firm, a portfolio of hotels and a high-producing mortgage bank. Mr. Zhang is also an investor in the development of a cannabis business park. He brings more than five years of experience in mortgage banking to REZYFi, having developed Freddie Mac and HUD licenses and amassed a managed portfolio valued at over $300 million.
Kevin Heckemeyer is President of REZYFi, Inc. He has more than 25 years of experience in mortgage banking. He has built and sold several high producing mortgage businesses. In his current roles with ResMac, he is responsible for production and operations.
Spencer Dang is Chief Credit Officer of REZYFi, Inc. He has more than a decade of experience in mortgage operations. He is a direct endorsement underwriter for HUD and has specialized in non-QM underwriting. Under his watch as an underwriter, he has never had a single repurchase.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.REZYFi.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to REZYFi are available in the company’s newsroom at https://cnw.fm/REZY
CannabisNewsWire (CNW) is an information service that provides (1) access to our news aggregation and syndication servers, (2) CannabisNewsBreaks that summarize corporate news and information, (3) enhanced press release services, (4) social media distribution and optimization services, and (5) a full array of corporate communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and content distribution company with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. CNW has an ever-growing distribution network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text CANNABIS to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.CannabisNewsWire.com
Do you have questions or are you interested in working with CNW? Ask our Editor
CannabisNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.