The wholesale value cannabis flower has steadily been on the decline, yet farmers remain the only part of the supply chain to buy at retail and sell at wholesale. As regulations take hold and taxes grow, the cultivation market segment is facing smaller and smaller margins. Recent developments in greenhouse & indoor cultivation techniques & technology are fueled by this need to reduce costs, and many with the added bonus of reducing environmental impact. This session will highlight recent innovations in the cultivation vertical designed to help farmers get the edge necessary to compete in our rapidly growing industry.
List 5 key learning outcomes for your session:
- Regulation, through fees & taxes, are shrinking margins far below what was previously enjoyed by black market operations.
- Cultivation operations must reduce costs for long-term business sustainability.
- State of the Art Greenhouse & Indoor cultivation technology has rapidly progressed in the last few years.
- Integrating this technology into environmentally sound techniques and standard operating procedures can pay off at the bottom line & retail counter.
- Consumers take note of environmentally conscious products