- Director of Clinical Research – Psygen
- Adjunct professor at the University of British Columbia School of Population
and Public Health.
- Was Executive Director of MAPS Canada (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) for 10 years.
- Has published on the issue of drug control policy and psychedelics in the following Journals:
- Canadian Journal of Public Health,
- International Journal of Drug Policy,
- Encyclopaedia of Public Health
- Harm Reduction Journal
- Open Medicine
- Journal of Psychoactive Drugs
- Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs
- Obtained an MSW from UBC
- Worked for the Addiction Services for 28 years in counselling and supervisory roles.
- Has provided public education on drugs and drug policy for over 30 years.
- Worked with the Health Officers Council of British Columbia on their position papers on the issue of a regulated market for all currently illegal drugs.
- Has presented in conferences and training events in many countries
- Awarded the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal for drug policy reform work in 2013.