Sampling Guidelines for Grow Up Victoria
At the Grow Up Brands and Buyers Zone and Speed Networking, we value the opportunity for you to showcase your products to our retail and budtender attendees. To ensure a smooth and successful event, we kindly ask you to follow these guidelines set out by the LCRB when distributing samples:
For Retail Employees
- SAMPLES PROVIDED TO CANNABIS RETAIL EMPLOYEES ONLY
- MUST HAVE SELLING IT RIGHT #
- MUST HAVE YOUR STORES RETAIL ID#
(This should start with 450)
- YOU MUST HAVE YOU BADGE SCANNED TO RECEIVE A SAMPLE
- YOU MUST HAVE BOTH YOUR RETAIL STORE ID ON YOUR BADGE AND A WRISTBAND TO RECEIVE SAMPLES. NMO EXCEPTIONS
- WRISTBANDS MUST BE PURCHASED FOR $5
At Grow Up, we are committed to creating an educational and informative event, while also ensuring the safety and compliance of all participants. To help you enjoy the Brands and Buyers Zone responsibly, please follow these guidelines when receiving samples from participating brands:
1.Age Requirement: Attendees must be at least 19 years of age or older.
2.Credentials: A valid “Selling it Right” Certificate AND your current employers Cannabis Retail Store ID #
3.Registration: When you arrive at registration you will be required to give the Grow Up registration staff your Cannabis Retail Store ID #. If you wish to receive samples, you will be required to purchase a wrist band for $5.00. Without these three items sampling will not be approved.
4.Sampling Procedure: When you are ready to receive a sample you must first show your wrist band, then allow the representative to scan the QR code on your attendee badge. This will allow them to track samples given out and an opportunity to follow up with you in the future!
5.Stay Informed on Regulations: All samples provided by brands must comply with local, provincial, and federal regulations. This includes proper packaging, labeling, excise stickers, and adherence to quantity restrictions. It’s essential to stay informed about current regulations.
6.Educational Purposes Only: Remember that sampling is for educational purposes only. Brands are encouraged to offer information about the product, its ingredients, and proper usage. Engage with brand representatives to learn more about the products and their benefits.
7. No Sales: Please note that sales of cannabis products are strictly prohibited at the conference. The focus of the Brands and Buyers Zone and Speed Networking is on showcasing brands and educating attendees.
8. Entry Cannabis Limit: Retail Attendees are permitted to hold a maximum of 30 grams of cannabis flower or cannabis flower equivalent, subject to any documented medical allowances while attending Grow Up Conferences.
9.Responsible Consumption: Always practice responsible consumption when sampling products. Be aware of any potential risks associated with the product and follow the recommended usage guidelines.
10. Designated Consumption Area: All cannabis consumption must take place within the designated consumption area (compliments of Seed & Stone Cannabis Retail Stores). Attendees smoking outside of this designated area will be asked to leave and may be subject to local law enforcement.
This information is meant as a guide only. Grow Up is not responsible for providing legal cannabis advice. It is the responsibility of each individual attendee, brand, LP, exhibitor and delegate to know the federal, provincial and local rules and regulations as it pertains to them. Grow Up cannot guarantee that sampling will be available onsite. Educational sampling is an additional benefit to the conference and expo. By adhering to these guidelines, we can create a safe, compliant, and enjoyable experience for all attendees at Grow Up Alberta. If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to reach out to the event organizers.
By adhering to these guidelines, we can create a safe, compliant, and enjoyable experience for all attendees at Grow Up Alberta. If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to reach out to the event organizers.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you at the event!
The Grow Up Alberta Team
BRAND AND BUYER BOOTH & SPEED NETWORKING
- ONLY BRANDS AND BUYERS BOOTHS AND SPEED NETWORKING PARTICIPANTS ARE ALLOWED TO SAMPLE – ALL OTHERS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE EVENT
- ALL SAMPLES MUST HAVE AN EXCISE TAX ID#
- YOU MUST HAVE A MARKETING LICENSE
- ALL SAMPLES MUST BE ENTERED IN TO EVENTDEX LEAD QUALIFIER
- SAMPLE SIZE MUST BE ENTERED IN TO EVENTDEX LEAD QUALIFIER
- EVERY ATTENDEE THAT RECEIVES A SAMPLE MUST BE SCANNED
- SAMPLES CAN ONLY BE GIVEN TO LICENSED RETAIL EMPLOYEES WITH A WRISTBAND AND RETAIL ID ON THEIR BADGE (GROW UP QUALIFY ATTENDEES AT REGISTRATION)
- Verify attendee’s Retail Status:
Distribute samples exclusively to attendees with a Retail ID# on their badges AND a wristband. Our registration team has been instructed to only give wristbands to qualified retailers. Always check BOTH before handing out samples.
- Compliance with Regulations:
Guarantee that all samples comply with local, provincial, and federal regulations. This encompasses proper packaging, labeling, excise stickers and adherence to quantity restrictions. All samples should have a sticker that says something to the effect of “For education purposes only. Not for resale.” Each cannabis product sample does not have a limit but should be of reasonable size. You are responsible for staying informed about current regulations.
- Storage and Handling:
Safely and securely store and handle samples, adhering to any specific storage requirements.
- Educate Attendees:
Sampling is for educational purposes only. Offer information about the product, its ingredients, and proper usage. Encourage responsible consumption and make sure attendees understand any potential risks associated with the product.
- Track Distribution:
EVERY attendee you give a sample MUST BE SCANNED with the lead retrieval in the Eventdex app. Eventdex’s Lead Retrieval will maintain a record of the samples you distribute, the excise ID, retailer that received it, brands and quantity. This will help you manage inventory and gather valuable insights about your target audience.
Record-keeping requirements (from LCRB)
This information will need to be entered in to Eventdex, prior to handing out any sampling.
CRS and PRS licensees must keep records relating to cannabis samples that contain the following information (handbook section 3.4.17):
- the unique excise tax identifier from the original packaging of the cannabis sample;
b) the date the licensee received the cannabis sample;
c) the federal licence holder and name of the representative that provided the cannabis sample;
d) the nominal purchase amount that the licensee paid for the cannabis sample; and
e) the amount or quantity of cannabis sample received.
Each brand’s record keeping will be available for download in your eventdex app. Make sure you follow up with everyone you provided as sample to as these are all top qualified retail leads.
- No Sales:
Please note that sales of cannabis products are strictly prohibited at the conference. Your focus should be on showcasing your brand and educating attendees.
- Cleanliness and Waste Management:
Keep your booth clean and organized at all times. Dispose of any waste generated from sample distribution in the designated waste disposal areas.
Thank you for adhering to these guidelines. By following these instructions, we can create a safe, compliant, and enjoyable experience for all attendees at the Grow Up Brands and Buyers Zone. If you have any questions or need further clarification, please contact us at email@example.com
The Grow Up Team